This timeless and beautiful light made by Elektroinstallation Sondershausen (EIS) in the former East Germany has been appreciated for its clear lines, functional form and high quality for decades. Its angled base is made of thick, white porcelain. This surface-mounted light is suitable for walls and ceilings both indoors and covered outdoor spaces. The base is attached by two screws mounts located on the outside. The cable enters from above via a surface mount. The globe shade made of opaline glass. The lamps are lovingly restored and all the parts are in good condition and the lamp is fully functional and ready for installing. Due to the manufacturing processes and age, slight variations, wear and defects are visible adding to their charm.
Electrical engineering products have been manufactured in Sondershausen, Germany since 1898.
The actual company was founded in 1902 by Kurt Lindner and is still in operation today.
During World War I, the factory was considerably enlarged and by 1925 the company Lindner & Co. employed over 1,100 people. During the Second World War, part of the buildings were leased to Junkerswerke Dessau. The company Brunnquell and Co., a factory for electrotechnical apparatus and lighting, which was founded in 1913 in the district of Bebra, was merged with the aforementioned company. After the Second World War, the company was expropriated in 1946 and on June 1, 1948, it was transferred to public ownership and as such had a monopoly in the GDR. The owner Kurt Lindner then had to flee to the West.
In 1970, the VEB Kombinat Elektroinstallation Sondershausen was founded together with its headquarters in Sondershausen and eleven associated companies from Saxony to Mecklenburg. From 1980 onwards, the Sondershausen plant, as the lead company for installation material, was part of the Kombinat Keramische Werke Hermsdorf. VEB Elektroinstallation Sondershausen (EIS) was the second largest company in Sondershausen and employed about 3,200 people until the end of 1989.
In 1993 it was privatized by the Scandinavian group Ahlstrom Electrical Accessories under the name ELSO GmbH Elektrotechnik. In 1999 Schneider Electric took over ELSO GmbH. In 2002 ELSO was renamed Lexel Electric GmbH, but in 2003 it was renamed ELSO GmbH again as part of the integration process of Lexel Electric GmbH within Schneider Electric.
MID-CENTURY MODERNISTS • Raymond Romanos • Nathanaelstraße 2 • 04177 Leipzig • Deutschland
Tel. +49 179 1134333